Inside the Studio


I would like to tell you more about my little studio. It's not fancy, but that's the way I like it.  I have one side for tools and working, one side for photos, one side for my computer. My beads are likely to outgrow the storage I have for them soon, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

I really want to tell you about my tool rack and why it is so special to me.  I had been looking for a better way to keep my tools, and my husband wanted to help me out. He saw the type of tool storage units I was looking at, and we both agreed that we could design and build something better and less expensive ourselves. The project began to look to complicated though, and started to stall out. But when my daughter, age 10, presented a simpler design plan and was so enthusiastic about helping, we were back on track again. This storage rack would truly not have been built without my whole family, and it was one of the first things that was created specifically for my fledgling business. It helped me feel like my business was real, and looks a little better than the egg carton I had been using before. 

Of course, my kitties are a great help. Otherwise who would sit in my light box when I'm not using it? As you can see, Jasper helps to supervise. 

It's hard to say which part of the process I enjoy most. . . I adore making and creating jewelry, it's just fun. And I have reached a point where fun is okay again. I like reading, shopping, and studying up on all these parts of jewelry making that are still relatively novel to me. I love taking the photos - I feel like I'm sending my little ones off on their own, and that they need to look their very best in front of the camera. Well, silly, but true. I love posting and getting the word out about my new creations - it seems that in my creative life this is the part I've normally had the hardest time with, and I love that the web makes this so easy. I even love learning about business and promotion, and am surprised at myself for taking on all these aspects of something I can really call my own. 

I also love that I can do all this creating in the snug little corner of my attic, not far away from my daughter when she is on the computer or making creative projects of her own. I love that Naturally Nickel Free is something sincerely mine that I can share with my family, friends, and customers. I feel I have re-invented myself this year, and it feels great to have something to show for it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I allergic to my Trumpet?

Caring for Argentium Sterling Silver Jewelry

"Mom, I'm allergic to my braces"