Featured Item: Bronze Wirework Earrings

Bronze Wirework with Glass Cube and Niobium Earwires

I really want to show you these unique earrings. They are 2 1/2 inches, and very lightweight. I took my time creating these shapes.  I thought a couple of times along the way that this shape would become something entirely different, but I don't always know how a shape will end up when I start. In the end, the abstract shape reminds me of a person with an arm welcoming someone in, or holding something very precious.

The amber colored glass cube bead is beveled on the sides and corners, and one side has a layer of Aurora Borealis on it for a fabulous rainbow shine.

Bronze is made primarily of copper with about 1/3 tin. I have decided to include bronze in my nickel free alloys that I use for secondary components. It has a fabulous golden sheen to it. To keep the polish, you may periodically use a solution of baking soda and lemon juice, described here.

The earwires are made of niobium, of course, which is allergy safe for virtually everyone, and will not tarnish or corrode. For these earrings I have used niobium that is anodized to a bronze tone. Beautiful golden tones, unusual, and graceful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I allergic to my Trumpet?

Caring for Argentium Sterling Silver Jewelry

"Mom, I'm allergic to my braces"